🚚 Ships in 5 business days. Special-order this turntable and we'll make it worth your wait. Contact us for more information. 💛
Audiophile Turntable with Sumiko Moonstone Phono Cartridge
This turntable design, with Pro-Ject's underlying core philosophy and dedication to quality music performance, has all the high-end aspects built in that really take vinyl listening to the ultimate heights. But as is the way in hifi many people still wanted more. They were willing to invest more, because this is how much they fell in love with their newfound passion. It is hard to improve on such a well performing turntable, but there are ways to do it. It was not time to reinvent the wheel, because the core engineering on the P1, or now the X1, already was and still is ideal. Instead we improved on the technologies that had previously been established:
- The raw materials used in production are of higher quality but also more difficult to source.
- The selected components are bigger, heavier, more massive and robust for improved performance and better build quality.
- We utilize CNC machining and modern material sciences to optimize each component for its functions
Pro-Ject intends the X2 to lift the incredibly high standards, as set by its smaller brother the X1, to new heights. The X2 is made for those who take great joy in the fine details, the build- quality, the high-grade materials and class leading audio performance.
More mass in the chassis, platter and tonearm: Structurally, the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF structure, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become more detailed and precise. Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/ AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the silent motor system. The tonearm is longer – 9″ in length – and the tube has a wider diameter and the carbon/aluminum composite construction results in better internal damping. This also means, the entire tonearm bearing is upgraded to compensate for the extra mass; altogether tracking will be more precise, stable and accurate. The increased mass makes the tonearm an excellent fit for most modern high performance cartridges. The one-piece design avoids vibrations caused by detachable headshells. The TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by as much as 50%.
Improved Motor and Suspension:A good motor by itself, is already very quiet. To get the best performance out of it, we further isolate it via a suspension. This will allow the motor to run stable and free from outside influences. Remaining vibrations are damped and eliminated, so they are not transmitted onto the chassis, platter and cartridge. The X2‘s motor chassis is carefully balanced and suspended on a precision tuned TPE isolator, effectively decoupling it from the main plinth for optimal performance. It is free floating, horizontally level and able to operate at the highest performance levels.
High-end Cartridge: The X2 is supplied with a factory mounted and aligned Sumiko Moonstone cartridge. Exceptionally well-balanced and capable of breathtaking dynamics, the Moonstone is one of the best tracking cartridge we have ever measured, regardless of price. As a bonus, the stylus is field replaceable should it become worn or damaged. Isolation from external vibrations is achieved with newly developed Aluminum/Thermo Plastic Elastomer composite feet which are are height/leveling adjustable.
Premium Phono Interconnect Cable: Compared to other digital and analog music sources, the signal coming from a turntable cartridge is very fragile in nature and cheap RCA cables often do not provide the ideal conditions for getting a phono signal to an amplifier. The Connect it E is designed for this exact application. Our Connect it E is a semi-balanced, low capacitance cable, with superior shielding, making it ideal for use with phono-level signals. The X2 has all the high-end features of modern turntable designs to maximize the music and listening experience.
The X2 has been meticulously engineered to offer performance focused features for the best possible price. Our decades long experience in analogue technologies, modern CNC machinery and old world craftsmanship are evident in the fit and finish. Hand assembled in Europe, in an ISO 9001 certified facility every turntable goes through extensive QC and burn-in to ensure reliability for decades to come. The X2 proves that, since 1991, our same core philosophies are those that guarantee to make music lovers happy with every record they take for a spin. Love of music is what drives us to produce the best sounding, best performing audio products in their class.
The X2 is available in four finishes; a premium walnut wood veneer, a luxurious black 8-layer high gloss paint, or black or white eight-layer hand-polished satin paint.
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm speed change, which acts as “Speed Box” with ultimate speed stability
- Electronically regulated precision motor with improved damping construction for the least amount of vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft bronze bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise and stable, accurate speed transmission
- 9” one-piece tonearm tube with best internal damping via the ultra rigid carbon/alu sandwich construction
- TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by 50%
- Azimuth and VTA adjustment
- High-performance, resonance-optimized Sumiko Moonstone phono cartridge
- Resonance free, 2 kg heavy acryl platter
- Heavy, 50mm thick, highest quality CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables – purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Height adjustable, alu machined, vibration absorbing feet
- Handmade in Europe
- Nominal speeds: 33/45/78 r.p.m.
- Speed variance 33: ±0.25 %, 45: ±0.20 %
- Wow and flutter 33: ±0.12 %, 45: ±0.10 %
- Signal to noise: 70dB
- Effective tonearm mass: 13.5g
- Effective tonearm length: 9 ” (230mm)
- Overhang: 18mm
- Power consumption: 5W/ 0.3W standby mode
- Outboard power supply: 15V/ 0.8 A DC, universal power supply
- Weight: 10 kg
- Dimensions DxWxH: 34 x 46 x 15 cm
- Available Colors: Piano Black, Satin Black, Satin White, Satin Walnut